Excerpt from the German standard DIN 4426, Section 7 (anchoring scaffolds to façades)
If the load-bearing parts of an outside wall have façade constructions that cannot absorb any anchoring forces from temporary workplaces, permanent equipment for the anchors of temporary workplaces must be fitted for future work on the façade. The assembly company must confirm that the installation place and the load-bearing capacity correspond to the technical regulations, and document this accordingly.
These façade constructions also include e.g. curtain façades, thermal insulation systems, 2-shell masonry. Permanent fixtures required for the anchors for façade scaffolds should be fit as follows:
- The vertical clearance between the anchor levels may not exceed 4.0 m.
- The anchors need to be dimensioned for all least the following characteristic effects:
- At right angles to the façade 2.25 kN per meter façade length,
- Parallel to the façade 0.75 kN per meter façade length.
- If the vertical clearance is less than 4.0 m, the edges can be reduced proportionally. The stated forces need to be doubled at edges of the building (e.g. eaves, corners of buildings).
- No anchor devices are required, if
- there are façade maintenance units, or
- the eaves of the building do not exceed 8 m.
For more information, please refer to the information sheet ‘Scaffolds for working on façades with External thermal insulation composite system (ETICS)’.
Our innovative isorocket® permanent scaffold anchors is just the tool you need to be able to plan DIN-compliant systems reliably right from the outset. Thanks to its unique component structure and the consistent focus on the issue of façade protection, the isorocket® permanent scaffold anchor not only offers outstanding but also unbeatable added value.